Thursday 24 July 2014

Leaving Columbus

I am at a coffee shop in Columbus, Ohio. My bus will be leaving for Indianapolis in a little more than an hour. I spent most of my time walking around Columbus yesterday. My sense of direction was off. My intuition led me off in a direction opposite from the hostel. This was not a displeasing experience. Columbus is a very attractive city with a gorgeous area in the southern part of the downtown. I walked down some residential streets which were practically out of a story book. It reminded me of Montreal, except everything was in red brick. The streets and sidewalks were constructed of cobblestone. Every house I passed was extremely charming. It was a beautiful walk. Eventually I found a McDonald's. Columbus does not seem to have as much commercial stuff in the immediate downtown vicinity. It is one city without a Starbucks on every corner. I have not seen a single Starbucks since I got here. There aren't a lot of stores on the streets. It is a bit challenging to find what you are looking for.

I assumed I could walk to the hostel. It began getting dark when I gave up. I had hoped to hail a cab. This isn't a city to do that in. I had to go in to a restaurant on High Street to ask them to call a cab for me. I was very frustrated at this point due to some mood issues. My nerves were shot. I had been shouting about my frustrations on some of the side streets. This is something I do often enough as I get agitated frequently. By the time the cab arrived my nerves were zipping along a mile a minute. I was full of the jitters as I rapidly spoke to the cab driver and tried to appear like a normal human being. My wallet was empty when it came time to pay. I had to get the cab driver to drive around in search of an ATM. These are not close to the hostel which is on Indiana Avenue. It cost me about $10 extra because of this.

I  spent very little time at the hostel. They have a hot tub in the backyard. I relaxed in it for 10 or 15 minutes. I didn't find the temperature particularly hot. I got cold and went back inside. The room was nice. There was only 1 bunk bed. I was sharing the room with a male. He went to bed around the same time as me. I had a lot of mood problems yesterday which disturbed me throughout the night. I had to keep getting up during the night to find ways to relax myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment